Paul “Hutch” Hutchinson, Senior Lecturer in Management & Organizations, recently spoke with BU Today about how work is changing in the new hybrid workplace.
“When we’re all in the same place that people are being productive, so we can see that. The thing about working in a hybrid environment is, you can’t see that. And so you have to just trust that work is being done or you assess it in a different way.”— Paul “Hutch” Hutchinson, Senior Lecturer in Management & Organizations
The conversation comes on the eve of a university-wide training on the same topic.
- CBS (Boston): Workers are Calling it Quits by the Millions
- MIT Sloan Management Review: When We Don’t Own the Things We Use, Will We Still Love Them?
- BBC: Are Competitive Parents Compensating for Their Insecurities?
- China’s Tech Crackdown – Part 2: Reasserting Control Over a Growing Industry
- BU Today: Training for the Hybrid Office
- BBC: What We’re Getting Wrong About the ‘Great Resignation’
- Entergy New Orleans’ Failure to Protect its Power Grid and Customers Against Outages Following Hurricane Ida
- HR News: Workplace Diversity: 5 Benefits of an AI Recruitment Process
- This Week’s FDA Approval of E-Cigarettes: Throwing kids under the bus vs. abandoning adult smokers?
- China’s Tech Crackdown: Impact of Recent Regulatory Changes on the Tech Sector – Part 1