Paul “Hutch” Hutchinson, Senior Lecturer in Management & Organizations, recently spoke with BU Today about how work is changing in the new hybrid workplace.
“When we’re all in the same place that people are being productive, so we can see that. The thing about working in a hybrid environment is, you can’t see that. And so you have to just trust that work is being done or you assess it in a different way.”— Paul “Hutch” Hutchinson, Senior Lecturer in Management & Organizations
The conversation comes on the eve of a university-wide training on the same topic.
- Do People Believe Generative AI?
- [Fortune] The CFO of the Future
- Would you buy a car from this man?
- [Vox] When You Can’t Speak to the Manager – or Anyone
- [NBC Boston] ‘Ready to Play’: What Boston Officials are Saying About LEGO’s Big Move
- Money: It’s created. It’s destroyed. But what is it?
- Blockchain, Beyond Crypto: An Expert Panel Discussion
- [New York Times] A Dilemma For Governments: How to Pay for Million-Dollar Therapies
- [Fortune] Tesla, JPMorgan, Meta: How Companies That Rely Too Much on One Leader Put Their Operations At Risk
- Heroes from Above But Not (Always) from Within? Gig workers’ reactions to the sudden public moralization of their work