May 10, 2022
El Mundo Boston’s Gabriela Taveras recently interviewed Susan Fournier, Allen Questrom Professor & Dean of Questrom School of Business, and David “Big Papi” Ortiz during his recent visit to Boston University’s Questrom School of Business to discuss his historic tenure with the Boston Red Sox and subsequent business career.
In the interview, Susan reflects on her time with the Red Sox legend and the great opportunity it provided to the Questrom students that attended, each of whom had a chance to learn about leadership and success from such a larger-than-life character.
“It was amazing, there was an insight in every moment. His lesson that even as he achieves success and fame, it was all about what he did that helped others, really how baseball and life translate into business and how you have to know what you want to be and just make it happen.”
- [Journal of Financial Reporting] Corporate Sustainability: A Model Uncertainty Analysis of Materiality
- [Wall Street Journal] Taking a Company Private Brings New Risks, Responsibilities for Directors
- [Freakonomics, MD] Is Rainy Day Joint Pain All in Your Head?
- Expert Take: Measuring the Impact of Online Advertisements
- [Omaha World-Herald] Pandemic Forced Nebraskans to Innovate
- David ‘Big Papi’ Ortiz Visits Boston University’s Questrom School of Business
- [Forbes] Eli Lilly and Parexel Talk About the ROI of Practical AI
- [CBS News Boston] Expert Says Gas Price Gouging Nearly Impossible in Current Market
- [CBS News Boston] Drivers Change Habits as Gas Prices Rise in Mass.
- Is Starbucks’s Wage Increase a Shortsighted Strategy? What Experts Say