December 13, 2021
Forbes recently published insight featuring Michel Anteby, Professor of Management and Organizations, about OSHA’s investigation of the deadly collapse of the Amazon warehouse located in Edwardsville, Illinois caused by a tornado. The article explores the timeline associated with the investigation, assuring that in similar cases, an abundance of media attention will reveal any violations or report findings.
Much of the investigation focused on safety protocols for the Edwardsville Amazon warehouse employees.
“The Amazon warehouse collapse reminds us that most contemporary workplaces are not conducive to fostering a culture of safety. Decades of research on team dynamics highlights that rotating people in and out of teams is often counter-productive in terms of safety outcomes.”Michel Anteby
Professor of Management & Organizations
A possible outcome from the devastating collapse of the Edwardsville Amazon warehouse may result in new safety standards finally be discussed and enforced, Michel concluded.
- The Great Resignation: Historical Data and a Deeper Analysis Show It’s Not as Great as Screaming Headlines Suggest
- The Wisdom of the Crowd and Prediction Markets
- Nature Human Behavior: Understanding, Explaining, and Utilizing Medical Artificial Intelligence
- Boston Globe: The Next Generation of Business Leaders is Entering a Changed World of Work. Will Their Education Prepare Them?
- ZDNet: Amazing Things Happen When IT and Business Leaders Collaborate
- USA Today: How Easy Will Health Insurers Make it to Get Free, At-Home COVID-19 Tests?
- Harvard Business Review: Digital Transformation Changes How Companies Create Value
- Expert Take: Regulating Prescription Drug Prices While Increasing Innovation
- Forbes: OSHA Launches Investigation Into Amazon Warehouse Hit By Tornado
- StrategicCFO360: First Read: Your Digitalization Agenda