Co-authored by Questrom associate professor of information systems Andrei Hagiu and Julian Wright of the National University of Singapore, this Harvard Business Review cover story challenges the assumption that it’s possible to use customer data to gain an unbeatable competitive edge. In most instances, people grossly overestimate the advantage that data confers. While insights from data are powerful, they don’t guarantee defensible barriers.
The article walks you through the competing conditions of consumer data and explains how to evaluate whether or not they apply to your business.
- [Journal of Financial Reporting] Corporate Sustainability: A Model Uncertainty Analysis of Materiality
- [Wall Street Journal] Taking a Company Private Brings New Risks, Responsibilities for Directors
- [Freakonomics, MD] Is Rainy Day Joint Pain All in Your Head?
- Expert Take: Measuring the Impact of Online Advertisements
- [Omaha World-Herald] Pandemic Forced Nebraskans to Innovate
- David ‘Big Papi’ Ortiz Visits Boston University’s Questrom School of Business
- [Forbes] Eli Lilly and Parexel Talk About the ROI of Practical AI
- [CBS News Boston] Expert Says Gas Price Gouging Nearly Impossible in Current Market
- [CBS News Boston] Drivers Change Habits as Gas Prices Rise in Mass.
- Is Starbucks’s Wage Increase a Shortsighted Strategy? What Experts Say