Co-authored by Questrom associate professor of information systems Andrei Hagiu and Julian Wright of the National University of Singapore, this Harvard Business Review cover story challenges the assumption that it’s possible to use customer data to gain an unbeatable competitive edge. In most instances, people grossly overestimate the advantage that data confers. While insights from data are powerful, they don’t guarantee defensible barriers.
The article walks you through the competing conditions of consumer data and explains how to evaluate whether or not they apply to your business.
- The Great Resignation: Historical Data and a Deeper Analysis Show It’s Not as Great as Screaming Headlines Suggest
- The Wisdom of the Crowd and Prediction Markets
- Nature Human Behavior: Understanding, Explaining, and Utilizing Medical Artificial Intelligence
- Boston Globe: The Next Generation of Business Leaders is Entering a Changed World of Work. Will Their Education Prepare Them?
- ZDNet: Amazing Things Happen When IT and Business Leaders Collaborate
- USA Today: How Easy Will Health Insurers Make it to Get Free, At-Home COVID-19 Tests?
- Harvard Business Review: Digital Transformation Changes How Companies Create Value
- Expert Take: Regulating Prescription Drug Prices While Increasing Innovation
- Forbes: OSHA Launches Investigation Into Amazon Warehouse Hit By Tornado
- StrategicCFO360: First Read: Your Digitalization Agenda