Co-authored by Questrom associate professor of information systems Andrei Hagiu and Julian Wright of the National University of Singapore, this Harvard Business Review cover story challenges the assumption that it’s possible to use customer data to gain an unbeatable competitive edge. In most instances, people grossly overestimate the advantage that data confers. While insights from data are powerful, they don’t guarantee defensible barriers.
The article walks you through the competing conditions of consumer data and explains how to evaluate whether or not they apply to your business.
- Insights Interview: Competition and Management Theory – Richard D’Aveni (QUESTROM MBA ’79)
- [WalletHub] 2022’s Best Coffee Cities in America
- Have we forgotten the true meaning of Labor Day?
- [Inside Higher Ed] Getting Through a Job Search with More than a Job
- [Boston Herald] Unemployment Rate Increases as Job Growth Slows
- [Radio Health Journal] Offshoring Medication: Where Are Your Generic Drugs Being Made?
- Expert Take: Oil Market Volatility
- Worried About Back-to-School Inflation? Latest Price Data on Backpacks, Laptops, and Kids’ Clothes Offers Some Relief for Parents
- [AP] Airlines Pushed by Labor Unions to SPend Money on Hiring Rather Than on Stock Buybacks
- [Reuters]Newly Launched U.S. Drugs Head Toward Record-High Prices in 2022