High-end retail marketing expert Alan Beck (Questrom’68), Senior Vice President of The Fragrance Group explores when and how to use data and when to trust your gut when making marketing decisions.
With a decades-long career, Alan Beck has made an unforgettable impact on the field of luxury marketing. As president of The Beauty Bridge, Beck has advised numerous beauty, haircare, wellness, and fragrance companies on how to navigate the American market. Between 2012–2020, Beck served as the Senior Vice President at The Fragrance Group, successfully overseeing the growth of multiple brands in high-end department stores like Neiman Marcus and Barney’s.
Featured Speakers: Alan Beck (Questrom’68), Senior Vice President, The Fragrance Group with Patricia Hambrick, Senior Lecturer, Marketing
- [Journal of Financial Reporting] Corporate Sustainability: A Model Uncertainty Analysis of Materiality
- [Wall Street Journal] Taking a Company Private Brings New Risks, Responsibilities for Directors
- [Freakonomics, MD] Is Rainy Day Joint Pain All in Your Head?
- Expert Take: Measuring the Impact of Online Advertisements
- [Omaha World-Herald] Pandemic Forced Nebraskans to Innovate
- David ‘Big Papi’ Ortiz Visits Boston University’s Questrom School of Business
- [Forbes] Eli Lilly and Parexel Talk About the ROI of Practical AI
- [CBS News Boston] Expert Says Gas Price Gouging Nearly Impossible in Current Market
- [CBS News Boston] Drivers Change Habits as Gas Prices Rise in Mass.
- Is Starbucks’s Wage Increase a Shortsighted Strategy? What Experts Say