This episode takes a 360-degree view of an entirely new industry in the state of Massachusetts: cannabis. Hear from leaders on the ground floor of organizations including Dr. Marion McNabb, CEO of C3RN, a B-Corp that is advancing data and analytics in medical and adult-use cannabis; Jeremy Bromberg, COO of CanWell, LLC, who brings decades of business management experience to help a brand-new company succeed in a brand-new industry; Mark Zatyrka, cofounder of INSA, a company with four licensed dispensaries in the commonwealth who talks about their newest location in Salem; and Steven Hoffman, the inaugural commissioner of the Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission. Each offers a unique perspective of the opportunities and challenges ahead for this high-growth industry.
About the series: Language of Business is a video series that informs and inspires entrepreneurs, anyone considering a start-up, or a small business looking for a new idea. Hear about strategies that usually work, and strategies that often don’t, from people who have been there and done that. Hosted by Gregory Stoller, Harvard MBA and Senior Lecturer at Boston University Questrom School of Business.
- [Journal of Financial Reporting] Corporate Sustainability: A Model Uncertainty Analysis of Materiality
- [Wall Street Journal] Taking a Company Private Brings New Risks, Responsibilities for Directors
- [Freakonomics, MD] Is Rainy Day Joint Pain All in Your Head?
- Expert Take: Measuring the Impact of Online Advertisements
- [Omaha World-Herald] Pandemic Forced Nebraskans to Innovate
- David ‘Big Papi’ Ortiz Visits Boston University’s Questrom School of Business
- [Forbes] Eli Lilly and Parexel Talk About the ROI of Practical AI
- [CBS News Boston] Expert Says Gas Price Gouging Nearly Impossible in Current Market
- [CBS News Boston] Drivers Change Habits as Gas Prices Rise in Mass.
- Is Starbucks’s Wage Increase a Shortsighted Strategy? What Experts Say