Read the news or watch TV and the stories are everywhere: lying, cheating and stealing in business. This episode offers actionable lessons by taking you behind-the-scenes into the seamier side of the business world. Hear from Bruce Singal, co-chair of Barrett & Singal, the Boston law firm that represented the lead plaintiff in the case against Bernie Madoff; Elaine Eisenman, co-author of Betrayed: A Survivor’s Guide to Lying, Cheating & Double Dealing; John Lloda, a former unwitting employee of Enron who is now managing director of two businesses; and Peter Marton, a serial entrepreneur and Questrom lecturer who teaches real-life lessons in business ethics.
About the series: Language of Business is a video series that informs and inspires entrepreneurs, anyone considering a start-up, or a small business looking for a new idea. Hear about strategies that usually work, and strategies that often don’t, from people who have been there and done that. Hosted by Gregory Stoller, Harvard MBA and Senior Lecturer at Boston University Questrom School of Business.
- The Great Resignation: Historical Data and a Deeper Analysis Show It’s Not as Great as Screaming Headlines Suggest
- The Wisdom of the Crowd and Prediction Markets
- Nature Human Behavior: Understanding, Explaining, and Utilizing Medical Artificial Intelligence
- Boston Globe: The Next Generation of Business Leaders is Entering a Changed World of Work. Will Their Education Prepare Them?
- ZDNet: Amazing Things Happen When IT and Business Leaders Collaborate
- USA Today: How Easy Will Health Insurers Make it to Get Free, At-Home COVID-19 Tests?
- Harvard Business Review: Digital Transformation Changes How Companies Create Value
- Expert Take: Regulating Prescription Drug Prices While Increasing Innovation
- Forbes: OSHA Launches Investigation Into Amazon Warehouse Hit By Tornado
- StrategicCFO360: First Read: Your Digitalization Agenda