Boston University’s Institute for Sustainable Energy recently hosted a webinar featuring Associate Professor of Operations and Technology Management at Questrom School of Business, Justin Ren, and Lecturer of Strategy and Innovation, Richard Stuebi, to speak on pervasive energy poverty in Africa.
“This framework is not static, the intent of this framework is not to go to a place, measure it once, provide a recommendation, and walk away. Any social system is always involving, it is always dynamic, our goal is to provide electricity access, not only to more people, but eventually the entire population.”
Throughout the conversation, ISE-affiliated faculty answer questions related to Distributed Energy Resources (DER) systems and their part in providing electricity access. They also propose a system dynamics framework to describe the forces that shape electricity infrastructure expansion in any given region.
[mkd_button size=”medium” type=”outline” text=”Read More and Watch the Webinar” custom_class=”” icon_pack=”font_awesome” fa_icon=”” link=”http://www.bu.edu/ise/2021/04/07/sustainable-african-electricity-sector-expansion/” target=”_blank” color=”#A71930″ hover_color=”” background_color=”” hover_background_color=”” border_color=”#A71930″ hover_border_color=”” font_size=”” font_weight=”” margin=””]
- [Journal of Financial Reporting] Corporate Sustainability: A Model Uncertainty Analysis of Materiality
- [Wall Street Journal] Taking a Company Private Brings New Risks, Responsibilities for Directors
- [Freakonomics, MD] Is Rainy Day Joint Pain All in Your Head?
- Expert Take: Measuring the Impact of Online Advertisements
- [Omaha World-Herald] Pandemic Forced Nebraskans to Innovate
- David ‘Big Papi’ Ortiz Visits Boston University’s Questrom School of Business
- [Forbes] Eli Lilly and Parexel Talk About the ROI of Practical AI
- [CBS News Boston] Expert Says Gas Price Gouging Nearly Impossible in Current Market
- [CBS News Boston] Drivers Change Habits as Gas Prices Rise in Mass.
- Is Starbucks’s Wage Increase a Shortsighted Strategy? What Experts Say